Chiefster Line™ – Defender
The Chiefster Line for the Defender consists of the Chiefster Pumpster and Chiefster EMSter apparatus manufactured exclusively for the Defender 6×6 and Defender PRO (4×4). For applications on other UTV makes visit Our Products page.
See Details of the
Chiefster Pumpster for Can-Am
The Pumpster is our most popular unit. The Defenders equipped with the Pumpster necessitate the removal of the bed sides (This saves 80lbs of total weight). The remaining bed floor requires no modifications to mount the Pumpster. Custom made locking mechanism is provided. The Defender, 6×6 or 4×4, equipped with the Pumster is what you need to fight a fire or get a victim to an awaiting ambulance or air lift.
Advantages the Pumpster offers you:
- Dual purpose; both fire fighting and EMS capabilities
- Affordable to smallest departments.
- Reduces manpower requirements. (A single firefighter can simultaneously drive and hose fires.)
- No CDL and minimum training required to operate
- Tow-able behind command vehicle; needs very little garage space
- Can perform in areas totally off-limits to conventional trucks
- Flexible and tough hardware, field replaceable, easily purchased locally
- Centrally located toolbox is easily removable, leaving the stokes platform easily accessible
- 120 gallon water tank
- Scotty™ foam package option is available
- Pump is driven by proven Honda 6.5 HP engine with manual start
- Manual round hose reel
- Flat fire hose tray
- Unit footprint is 67” long and 59.5” wide
- Stokes tray/platform is 65” long and 20.5” wide
- Weight (empty) 400 pounds
- Perfect for wildfires, brush fires, forest and vehicle fires
- Optimal for rough terrain, soft ground & trails
- Rescue, retrieval and victim transport.
- Suitable for limited space urban areas.
- Airports and marinas.
- Farms, ranches and crop protection
- Limited weight capacity bridges
- Oil, gas, drilling, and pipeline operations
- Manufacturing facilities protection
- Schools, prisons, governmental use, stadiums and more
Chiefster EMSter for Can-Am
There are numerous events & places when our EMSter comes in handy. On ice or in sand, from rugged terrain to golf courses, wherever a standard ambulance cannot be deployed, our EMSter is the perfect apparatus for patient transport. The Defender, 6×6 or 4×4, equipped with the EMSter is what you need to get a victim to an awaiting ambulance or air lift.
Just like for the Pumpster, the bed needs to be stripped of the bed sides. The remaining bed floor requires no modifications to mount the EMSter. Custom made locking mechanism is provided.
Benefits of the EMSter:
- Ideal for patient transport.
- Built of durable and light aluminum diamond plate.
- Standard unit consists of a box platform. (Can accommodate a flat board, stokes basket or a medical bed.)
- Under the flat carry surface are 14 cubic inches of storage space.
- Behind the EMTs seat is storage box with 2 cubic feet of space.
- Our EMSters are in use by sports facilities, universities, prisons, governmental services and, of course, fire departments